Truelife suggestions for new episodes
I really enjoy watching the truelife episodes and I would love to see more of them. I like to see normal people and how they deal with everyday life. I would love to see truelife episodes about the folowing topics: 1. young women who have gotten pregnant and then suffered a miscarriage 2. young adults (teens and  early twenties) who have been adopted by people who are a different race than them and how they deal with having multiple cultures. 3. young women who feel pressure from their families to be thin.  4. teens who are cutting themselves and can't get help. I'm interested in seeing these suggestions made into episodes because they all apply to me and friends of mine. I know other girls who've had a miscarriage and I myself have had one. It devistated me and I deal with depression from it day to day. I am also adopted and my adoptive parents are a different race than...
blog
MTV | Topic | Truelife suggestions for new episodes

Discussion

I really enjoy watching the truelife episodes and I would love to see more of them.

I like to see normal people and how they deal with everyday life. I would love to see truelife episodes about the folowing topics:

1. young women who have gotten pregnant and then suffered a miscarriage

2. young adults (teens and  early twenties) who have been adopted by people who are a different race than them and how they deal with having multiple cultures.

3. young women who feel pressure from their families to be thin. 

4. teens who are cutting themselves and can't get help.

I'm interested in seeing these suggestions made into episodes because they all apply to me and friends of mine. I know other girls who've had a miscarriage and I myself have had one. It devistated me and I deal with depression from it day to day. I am also adopted and my adoptive parents are a different race than me. I have grown up knowing their culture but have never felt encouragement from them to learn about my own race and culture. I sometimes wonder if there are any other adoptees out there who als deal with this issue. I have also developed an eating disoder due to family pressure to stay thin. I know that there are many women who deal with eating disorders but all i have ever heard about was that they feel pressure from their peers or society to be thin. I would like to know if there are any other girls out there who feel pressured by their families to stay thin and as a result developed or are developing an eating disorder.  And lastly I would like to see an episode done on teen cutters or people that have been cutting since they were a teen and reached out for help and didn't get it. I myslef have been dealing with my cutting problem since i was thirteen years old. and though i have reached out to my parents for help many times they continually brush me off or tell me to "pray about it". I've reached the point where I don't talk to them about it anymore and just try to deal with it myself. I think that there are other people my age who deal with this same issue and I think that it's a very dessperate situation. What we need is help dealing with our cutting, not ignorance and passiveness. If our own parents can't help us or wont encourage us to get help who will? 

100%

Flag
Comments
Hi Guest, Log In or Sign Up  to comment.

• Momo15 Momo15 commented | 24 months ago

I thKing you should do an episode about Lyme disese (chronic Lyme) I'm sharing a link of a video of the affter effects of lyme ,it is a article and my video at the bottom(:
    http://lymedisease.org/news/touchedbylyme/iowa-teen-lyme-tics.html

Flag

• hannah_forest hannah_forest commented | 24 months ago

A lot of these that people are recommending are ones that they've done previously: Self-Harm, PTSD, My Husbands in Iraq, ect. I wish they would just reshow the older episodes, and I'm not talking about 2007 old I'm talking about 1998 original old or put them online so we can see them. I feel like even though they are older that many of us could relate to them or take something away from them.

The new ones that I would like to see them do are
    True Life: My Partner Cheated-- and then show either what happened did the person stay when they found out or did they leave (Too Good to Leave, Too Bad to Stay sort of thing) especially if the people have a child toget, are on a lease together and have other things.

True Life: I'm in a bromance (or true life I hate my boyfriends bromance)

True Life: I'm flunking out of college

True Life: I'm addicted to social networking

True Life: I'm paranoid

Flag

• BrittG143 BrittG143 commented | 25 months ago

i think they should do a show on Pregnancy after losing a baby. I had to deliever my daughter at 22 weeks so it was not a miscarriage. We finially decided we want to try again. This will be really hard & emotional rollercoaster because nothing will be able to fix the part of my heart my daughter took with her. i think this should be talked about because it is realty & it happens more then people realize. Its hard to deal with & no one should have to go through this alone. I pray we never expierence this again but we hope to one day be parents. After losing our daughter I know help other mothers who have lost a child so they have someone to talk to and someone that knows how it feels.

Flag

• Tinkerbell12 Tinkerbell12 commented | 27 months ago

I think the world is dying to see a True Life I'M A STRIPPER episode!! Hellooooo!! That would be soooo interesting. Also, an episode on legal prostitution.. Drama.com. I've been waiting for such episodes for awhile now =) PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE. RATINGS WILL SKY ROCKET!!

Flag

• oidan oidan commented | 27 months ago

True life: I just got out of the military. I think that you should do a show on this because of the recent draw down of the military there is bound to be a massive influx of recent veterans. with that, this will increase the homeless vet population considering that one of four homeless are veterans. also, transitioning from the military back into the civilian life is harder than it was to go into the military. veterans are sufferring from ptsd, tbi, mst, and numerous other acronymns. a lot of vets are just eager to go home that they miss out on benefits because they failed to listen during their transition training classes. quite a bit of vets will come back feeling that their return from their military service goes underappreciated and may have a backlash repeat of vietnam vets. Most will utilize unemployment because some of their skills cannot translate on paper resumes, and the economic crisis doesn't make it easy for them to be competitve with the public.

Flag

• classychick88 classychick88 commented | 27 months ago

True life: I am 23 and a sinlge mother of three children. And I have been watching this show for a long time and I havent seen a life like mine on the show. I take care of 3 children who ages are 1,2,4 by myself because there is no father figure support. There is a financial struggle so I dont stay in a two bedroom or a three bedroom apartment like most would think. And instead of leaning on my parents for help they look at me to help them in a time of need. And no there not on drugs there just in a difficult time. So I do have the world on my shoulders and three faces staring at me to provide and protect them. And I dont rely on goverment assitance they told me I made to much , but I dont make enough to keep health insurance. All I'm saying is that we need to shed light on single young mothers that also deal with an everyday struggle like me , so I can have a clue on what I should do to better myself.

Flag

• brownie777 brownie777 commented | 27 months ago

True life: I need the military to save my future. In economic times like these I graduated from college with high honors and perfect attendance but can't find work. Without work I can't pay my astronomical college loans. So I decided to join the navy to help pay my bills and get a job even though I'm not big on the military way of thinking. Giving up my life style and friends to try to save my future is huge.

Flag

• xrazzie xrazzie commented | 32 months ago

or something about arranged marriges? :O

Flag

• xrazzie xrazzie commented | 32 months ago

I think 'I'm trying to fix my reputation' or something like that would be interesting. :) Like, maybe have people who are known for this thing they don't want to be known for. And they're trying to fix that by bettering themselves.

Flag

• Wynnfred Wynnfred commented | 32 months ago

I love true life. But how about an episode about, people who are unable to engage in a relationship. Or it could also be called. I'm fed up with being alone/single. Or to the extreme it could be called I'm tired of getting rejected. Or turned down. That's something I would be curious to see.

Flag

• ella_marion ella_marion commented | 34 months ago

true life: im only 15 but have sufferd
    with sever eczema my entire life. i stratch
    till im bleeding and crying. and have to indure immunetherapy.
    and i am allgergic to every thing outside-wise because of it.
    can even swin on the ocean beacuse its so painful. and ive been
    on soo many medicatoins its rediculous. id LLOOVVE yto see a True Life
    episode with people going through what i am. so i could see what there doing
    and how they cope with everything and help make me not feel like
    im the only one with this horrendous condition.

Flag

• Freckles Freckles commented | 34 months ago

I would like to see an episode on young people who suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Flag

• cassandra mae cassandra mae commented | 35 months ago

has anyone ever thought about doing a trulife on younger women who have lost there children after having them for months at a time because of foster care/missing/death and how these women due their very best to get there baby back and what they go through to do so or the out come and the help they can get to do so??!! I think it is a major story thats goes on with millions of young mothers around the usa...I happen to be one of them...and there is a lot that i think needs to be talked about atleast so young mothers dont make the mistake i did.

Flag

• elizabeth elizabeth commented | 35 months ago

i just wrote a comment about me and my girlfriend ..... if anyone can help me contact true life please let me know!!! we desperatly want this , not to be on tv , but to help our relationship , we have so much problem cuz of this......... thank you

Flag

• elizabeth elizabeth commented | 35 months ago

hi im a lesbian who is in a relationship with a girl who is getting a sex change to be a guy... she tells everyone shes a guy , shes been doin that since elementary, theres rarely anyone who knows shes a girl, our relationshi is complicated cuz we cant act like were together around peole that much cuz my gay friends talk stuff cuz they think i went straight... i dont like guys at all and when she gets the sex change i dont know what i'm going to do .... shes scared to be with me now cuz she knows i'm gay and thinks i'll leave her when she gets the surgery. i dont know what to do , we are in love but its so complicated..... no one could ever understand why i'm with her unless they've known her like i do. we were friends along time before we got together....

i'd apprieciate it if we can be on the show , we both want everyone to know our story so they will quit judging us in a bad way , please help us , this will help our relationship grow so much , please and thank you !!!

Flag

• Robyn George Robyn George commented | 37 months ago

I think it would be a great episode to show people going through their boyfriend/girfriend being in prison. I am going through it myself, and think it would give a little hope and support and ideas to the people going though this. Also hopefully people would realize how much they lose and sacrafice, and how much it hurts the people that love them and make them think twice about doing anything that may put them there

Flag

• Sam Sam commented | 37 months ago

True life: I'm a burn survivor. Have it with a newly burn survivor and what they will have to go through. Then the other two can be survivors that have been delt with it for some time.

Flag

• moliviah moliviah commented | 38 months ago

what about true life: i have selective mutism/social anxiety?

Flag

• Lizzie Lynnae Blanchette Lizzie Lynnae Blanchette commented | 40 months ago

I think a good idea for a true life PTSD in the military. What effects are and the good/ bad stories of it. My own husband took his life, and now we are trying to put the parts of our life back together again.

Flag

• Lizzie Lynnae Blanchette Lizzie Lynnae Blanchette commented | 40 months ago

I think a good idea for a true life PTSD in the military. What effects are and the good/ bad stories of it. My own husband took his life, and now we are trying to put the parts of our life back together again.

Flag