Why not show a girl who chose abortion?
This show seems to have been designed to show the effects of teen pregnancy on the mom's and father's lives.  Fine.  I think they're doing a great job.  But, if they do a season with a new round of moms, why not show the reactions of a girl after an abortion? I'm not beating the pro life or pro choice drum here.  The reality is, if you get pregnant, whatever decision you make, that decision will follow you the rest of your life.  I just wish they'd show what happens after that taking that route.    
blog
MTV | Topic | Why not show a girl who chose abortion?

Discussion

This show seems to have been designed to show the effects of teen pregnancy on the mom's and father's lives.  Fine.  I think they're doing a great job. 

But, if they do a season with a new round of moms, why not show the reactions of a girl after an abortion?

I'm not beating the pro life or pro choice drum here.  The reality is, if you get pregnant, whatever decision you make, that decision will follow you the rest of your life.  I just wish they'd show what happens after that taking that route.

0%

Flag
Comments
Hi Guest, Log In or Sign Up  to comment.

• Heathy Heathy commented | 51 months ago

I agree. I guess it's difficult to show that though. It seems like most of these girls are already past the stage where abortion is an option by the time they get aired. Timing would be almost impossible to show the girl making the decision and going to the clinic and all the trouble & emotions she goes through. And I'm sure they probably couldn't show much more after the abortion is done.

Flag

• kristen82 kristen82 commented | 51 months ago

singlemommy25: most parents who do an open adoption dont refer to the birth parents as mommy and daddy. the birth parents dont even refer to themselves as that.

i agree with this post... bc many teen girls opt for abortion. and abortion is another choice that is out there

Flag

• kristen82 kristen82 commented | 51 months ago

singlemommy25: most parents who do an open adoption dont refer to the birth parents as mommy and daddy. the birth parents dont even refer to themselves as that.

i agree with this post... bc many teen girls opt for abortion. and abortion is another choice that is out there

Flag

• singlemommy25 singlemommy25 commented | 51 months ago

i am so tired of hearing people praising catelynn & Tyler for the decison they made for giving up carly that they did it to better her life, but they haven't all they are doin is bringing more stress and confussion to it all by not letting go comepletly I know its not easy to let go of your child but, just think how it is for Brandon and Teresa, havin to tell carly later on in life and how hard that's goin to be already that she was adopted not to mention now that right now in an infants life is when they really start to take things in and how do you expect for carly to grow up half way normal if every time she gets around catelynn & tyler they are sayin hi its mommy or its daddy we love you and miss you and then brandon and teressa tellin her the same thing come on now they may have givin her a better home and ect. but they aren't givin her a better life until they comepletly let go.

Flag

• alicat7 alicat7 commented | 51 months ago

Abortion is too delicate a topic for reality TV. There are some crazy people in the world who kill others for having abortions. Besides that....The show is about teens who have had children. Having an abortion is not the same thing as carrying a child for 9 months and giving birth.

Flag

• kayliesmom18 kayliesmom18 commented | 51 months ago

To me it will make teens think of abortion as a form of "birth control"

Flag

• Blkmiss Blkmiss commented | 51 months ago

Are you sure about "painful afermath of abortion" line? How about women who are thankful they had the funds & good sense not to ***** up their child's life. There certainly have to be youong girls out there who don't care if the entire world knows they had an abortion. Girls certainly don't care that the entire world sees that they slap around their boyfriends, neglect their children etc.

Flag

• bearcakes bearcakes commented | 51 months ago

i think the big question here is what makes someone a "mom?" there are plenty of women who give birth and raise their kids themselves but ultimately offer nothing to the child-then there are ppl like catelynn (who i think displays the ultimate in courage and selflessness by choosing to offer carly a better life than the one she had.) so is a mother someone who just gets pregnant, then chooses abortion, adoption, or raising the baby themselves, even if they're incapable? what do y'all think? also, i definitely think mtv SHOULD show the option of abortion, maybe not on teen mom but true life? i simply think this way because i have a friend who chose abortion over ten yrs ago, and the decision will plague her for the rest of her life. if you show young women the painful aftermath of abortion, perhaps it would help sway other women who are considering it towards adoption or even keeping the baby themselves?

Flag

• ladybug ladybug commented | 51 months ago

Im Totally Against That.. And I Think The Show Would Get Cancelled If They Showed A Mom Who Did That..

Flag

• Mommy2Nicholas Mommy2Nicholas commented | 51 months ago

Hey moron below me... Nicholas_Mommie TAKE MY SONS PICTURE OFF OF YOUR PROFILE YOU SICK BIOTCH!

Flag

• Nicholas_mommie Nicholas_mommie commented | 51 months ago

it would proably stir up a constroversey.....

Flag

• Shine x Shine x commented | 51 months ago

teen killer, teen pawnshop u people are hilarious

Flag

• CarolynS CarolynS commented | 51 months ago

It would not be a good idea..just sayin'...the girl would be a moving target for all kinds of mess...I know I wouldn't do it.

Flag

• justluvit justluvit commented | 51 months ago

"because a girl who gets an abortion is not a parent. the title of the show is 'teen mom'; a mom is someone who is a parent."

if by parent you mean someone who is raising their child - then an adoption story shouldn't be on the show either. if the point of the show is to show different stories (including aftermath) which is what catelynn and tyler's story is about - aftermath - then an abortion choice would be no different. either way, they'd be following around a couple through the process and after the process - no baby in tow. i just don't see the difference there.

Flag

• piratealisonnn piratealisonnn commented | 51 months ago

because a girl who gets an abortion is not a parent. the title of the show is 'teen mom'; a mom is someone who is a parent.

Flag

• justluvit justluvit commented | 51 months ago

it's not called teen pawn shop either!

Flag

• momof3boys momof3boys commented | 51 months ago

because the show is called Teen Mom not Teen Killer!

Flag

• Chris516 Chris516 commented | 51 months ago

MTV's 'Teen Mom' is not a vehicle for irresponsibility. Because, Apart from **** and/or incest, abortion is plain irresponsible. If kids don't want to be parents, they shouldn't be having sex. Because the potential of a pregnancy always exists.

Flag

• LadyLuck LadyLuck commented | 51 months ago

Personally, I'm pro-life but I can see why it would be beneficial for others to see a girl go through that process. This show isn't about glorifying teen age pregnancy- instead it's an outlet for other teen moms to relate to, to gain perspective and to realize they aren't alone.

Bethr- thank you for starting a civilized thread- it's much appreciated :)

Flag

• Scorpia Scorpia commented | 51 months ago

I would bet that if abortion wasn't so accessible and legal......alot of women would think twice and use protection.

Flag

People Who Like It
There are no raters here!!! But you can put an image in this place if you want :-)