Very irresponsible handling of I used to be fat
Where do I begin....you never showed Gabriella from the first episode getting her doctor's permission to begin this weight loss program...you never gave a health disclaimer stating others should do the same before losing weight. Number 2. You never mentioned that Gabriella's results were not typical results.  I hate to think of all these young people getting frustrated at not being able to lose 90 pounds in 4 months.  As a leader in teen and young people's culture, you of all organizations should realize how irresponsible it was to not include a health disclaimer or warning! I mean for 16 and Pregnant you advertise the obvious...use birth control...but for something as serious as losing weight and maybe leading to eating disorders, you say NOTHING! Please re edit these shows to include a health warning.  You really don't need a law suit from an angry parent whose child starved themselves sick, or died of a...
blog
MTV | Topic | Very irresponsible handling of I used to be fat

Discussion

Where do I begin....you never showed Gabriella from the first episode getting her doctor's permission to begin this weight loss program...you never gave a health disclaimer stating others should do the same before losing weight.

Number 2. You never mentioned that Gabriella's results were not typical results.  I hate to think of all these young people getting frustrated at not being able to lose 90 pounds in 4 months. 

As a leader in teen and young people's culture, you of all organizations should realize how irresponsible it was to not include a health disclaimer or warning!

I mean for 16 and Pregnant you advertise the obvious...use birth control...but for something as serious as losing weight and maybe leading to eating disorders, you say NOTHING!

Please re edit these shows to include a health warning.  You really don't need a law suit from an angry parent whose child starved themselves sick, or died of a previously undiagnosed heart arrythimia or asthmatic condition. 

Glad the show was made, but please be responsible!!!

100%

Flag
Comments
Hi Guest, Log In or Sign Up  to comment.